Our 5-Week Acclimation Program!
The acclimation program was created as the solution to two problems:
1. To provide progressive education on the cornerstones of our hypertrophy programming methodology.
2. To act as a “bridge” program for those that enter Paragon towards the middle to end of the current training cycle.
The idea would be to follow this program *until* the next cycle starts, then jump to that program on the cycle start date. Feel free to read ahead on any educational content you may miss.
How It Works
Each week, there will be 2-3 lessons that are posted in the coaches’ notes at the top of the day of training.
These lessons will be reviewable as short bullet points in the coach’s notes and then linked to a longer blog that will provide a deeper dive into that topic.
The majority of our training blocks are 6 weeks. As you will learn throughout this program, the approach is to increase effort (proximity to failure) week to week.
The acclimation program is the perfect way to familiarize yourself with the nature of the programming, and gradually build an understanding of some of the nuances in the process.
This will help you get even more out of the next training cycle, and set you up for success throughout your journey with Paragon.
The Quick & Dirty Program Deets
- 60-75 min workouts
- 4 days per week + an optional Condition Day
- Both a full gym and DB/at-home option
- 5 weeks of programming
- Full Gym Program: barbell, DB’s, squat rack, bench, resistance bands. Option to use machines/cables (but you don’t have to)
- At-Home // Dumbbell Program: A set of resistance bands, a bench, and at least 2-3 pairs of DBs. Pairs of light, medium, and heavy for you would be great! Ex: pairs of 10’s/20’s/35’s
- Progressive Overload
- Strength training and lifting
- Bodybuilding accessory work
- Hypertrophy // Muscle Building Focus
What You’ll Learn
Day 1 – Why Deload? & How to Choose Weights for a DB Only Program*
Day 2 – How to Know How Far From “Failure” You Are
Day 4 – How to Select Weights for Various Rep Ranges
Day 5 – Working with Rep Ranges
Day 5 – Home Modifications for Incline Movements*
* For DB/At-Home Program Only
Day 1 – How to Warm Up
Day 2 – Progression Model – Working closer to failure each week
Day 4 – When to Increase Weights
Why Our Paragon Programs Work
@paragontrainingmethods = the life-changing workouts, coaching, and online fitness community you’ve been searching for to help you build muscle, achieve your goals, and look/feel your best.
Whether your goal is:
- to run AND lift
- workout 3 days/wk
- lift from home
- enjoy things you love (CrossFit, Olympic lifting, Peloton)
- or just look/feel your best
We have fun and effective remote workouts that will get you there!
Our Paragon workouts are evidence-based and backed by science. You can choose to work out for 30, 45, 60, or 90 minutes per day. We have workouts for all goals and levels of lifting experience. As well as the option to still include things you love (whether that’s running, Olympic Lifting, or riding your Peloton).