If you’re looking for an easy high-protein skillet recipe – we’ve got it! When it comes to meal prep, we love a good high-protein, one-pan meal that’s quick and easy to cook and clean up after. Enter the high protein One-Pan Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet from Eat the Gains.
This recipe only takes 40 minutes from start to finish and is packed with protein, carbs, healthy fats, and fiber. It’s also gluten-free and can easily be made dairy-free to accommodate any allergies (:
All you need is one pan, 5 minutes to prep, and 6 ingredients/spices!
- ground turkey – 99% lean for macros included with this recipe
- sweet potatoes
- bell peppers
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- pepper jack cheese (remove if dairy-free)
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or nonstick pan over medium heat with one tablespoon of olive oil
- Add ground turkey, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5-7 minutes until browned on the outside and completely cooked through.
- Remove the turkey from the pan and set it aside, then add another tablespoon of olive oil to your pan.
- Add the sweet potatoes, onions, salt, and pepper to the pan with oil and cook for 12-15 minutes. Then, add peppers and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Finally, add the kale and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- Add the turkey back to the pan and mix in your spices. Turn the heat down to low and combine everything. Top with melted cheese and melt for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add any toppings you like and serve (or add to meal prep containers for the week)!
Nutrition Facts (Makes 4 Servings):
418 calories: 33g protein, 45g carbs, 13g fat, 22g fiber
Meal Prep Tips
1. You can meal prep the entire high protein skillet, then split it into 4 equal servings.
- To get equal servings, weigh your pan before you begin cooking
- Once you have completed the recipe, let it cool and weigh the entire pan & skillet ingredients
- Subtract the original weight of the pan
- Divide by 4!
2. You can also meal prep individual parts of the recipe in bulk to create individual portions daily.
- Brown the ground turkey, season, and store
- Cook the sweet potato mixture separately and store
- When ready to eat, assemble ingredients and add cheese – easily heat up in the microwave!
3. Prefer to freeze the recipe to eat later?
- Use the first method to create 4 individual servings and freeze them without the cheese
- Or, add the entire skillet to a large container and freeze without the cheese
To get the full recipe and nutrition breakdown/macros, go check out the full post by Eat the Gains (: