“One year between these photos and A LOT of consistency. I am pretty damn proud.
I’ve never been super strong or muscular (I was a cardio junkie for over a decade). I lifted weights… but never pushed myself too much.
Last February, I stopped Crossfitting and then 2020 happened. We were stuck to our home gym and working out from home (which I am so grateful for) and I decided to go all in on strength training and see what it would bring. What was the worst that could happen?
Little did I know that I would absolutely LOVE it and it would change the way I view fitness, my workouts, recovery, and more. And here we are 14 months later…
1. Consistently sticking to my progressive overload strength programming with Paragon Training Methods.
2. Not jumping from program to program.
3. Giving my body at least 2 rest days a week.
4. Eating the food (and lots of it).
5. Getting enough sleep.
6. Limiting stress where I can.
7. Drinking water.
8. Moving my body in ways that feel good…
You know, all the sexy stuff.
But, most importantly, trusting the process. Progress takes time. Probably a lot longer than most of us would like. But it’s showing up, day in and day out, doing the little things that are important, that can yield some big results down the road.”
Paragon Athlete, Kelly N