Strength/Metcon is for our people who love CrossFit, high-intensity workouts, and/or get bored of workouts easily.
All the things you love: tons of variety, all the lifting and strength training, Olympic Weightlifting, kipping gymnastics, and conditioning… but put together in a way that will help you look great and won’t leave you feeling beatdown or broken.
To get access to this program, you’ll need to sign up for the Paragon Home/CF Gym Membership. New cycles begin every 6-weeks.
Ready to join us? Click here to join!
General Program Info
- 60-75 min workouts
- 4 Lift days per week
- Optional 5th day – you can hit a programmed Oly session, a programmed 3rd upper body pump session, or feel free to hop in a class at your gym
- Squat rack
- Resistance bands
- Way to do cardio (rower, bike, ski erg, jump rope)
Who is Strength/Metcon For?
- Those who love CrossFit and high-intensity exercise
- Those who gets bored of workouts easily / who love variety in workouts
- Those who loves Olympic Weightlifting, kipping gymnastics, and metcons
- Anyone who’s feeling burnt out and wants to workout in a way that gives them the best of all worlds: great body comp, constantly varied workouts, and workouts that leave them feeling GREAT
Strength/Metcon vs. Home Gym Physique Workouts
- 60-75 Min Workouts.
- 6-Week Training Blocks. 1-2 times per year, there are Olympic Lifting focused cycles.
- Programming: Strength training, Olympic Weightlifting (Snatch, Clean, Jerk), bodybuilding, kipping gymnastics, metabolic conditioning
- 1 Repeating Movement Per Day. If Back Squat is programmed on Monday, you’ll see Back Squat every single Monday for all six weeks of the cycle. The goal is to increase weight or difficulty each week, so that you get stronger over time. Repeating movements will change every 6-weeks.
Home Gym Physique:
- 60-Min Workouts.
- 12-Week Training Cycles. Training is periodized and training cycles rotates through Hypertrophy, Strength, and Metabolic Conditioning-focused cycles throughout the year.
- Programming: bodybuilding and strength training. You have the option to complete 1-3 Zone 2 / Zone 5 cardio sessions per week, if you wish to.
- 2 Repeating Movements Per Day. Repeating movements change every 12 weeks.
Strength/Metcon vs. CrossFit
Strength/Metcon program is our take on CrossFit and functional training. It’s what we wish workouts looked like for those with no desire to compete at a high level.
Most people want the best of all worlds: to feel great, be healthy, lose body fat, gain muscle, get stronger, see progress and PR’s, and most importantly — to have fun.
So we made a program (that’s evidence-based and backed by science) that accomplishes just that.
What You’ll Still See:
- Strength training + lifting (in the form of back squats, front squats, deadlifts, etc)
- Gymnastics and functional fitness moves (Kipping Pull-ups, Toes to Bar, Muscle Ups, Rope Climbs, Thrusters, DB Snatches, GHD Sit-ups, Farmer Carry…)
- AMRAPs, EMOM’s, fun metcon and conditioning workouts using a bike, rower, or running
What We Do Different:
- Programming occurs in 6-week training blocks, has progressive overload, and intended effort level is prescribed via Reps From Failure.
- You’ll get 2-3 rest days per week. Doing “more” doesn’t always equal getting more. Good programming (like ours) will provide an effect ROI on time working out. And recovery = the secret sauce when it comes to positive adaptations (like gaining muscle, losing fat, getting stronger, etc).
- Programmed bodybuilding & accessory work to help you look damn good!
- Tempo work and single arm / single leg work, so we’re hitting all the big and little muscle groups, correcting imbalances between sides of the body, and helping keep injuries at bay.
- Emphasis on quality movement and moving well with intention. We *don’t* want you lifting as fast as possible, emptying the tank, redlining, or ending workouts on the floor. Work hard, move well, but leave the gym feeling better than when you walked in.
More About Strength/Metcon
Strength/Metcon is the workout program that started it all at Paragon Training Methods, and it was actually our very first program.
Although the rest of our workout programs have continued to evolve and shift over time more heavily towards bodybuilding and hypertrophy training, Strength/Metcon will forever be a program we’re very proud to offer.
Sustainable, fun, and effective – what more can one ask?
LCK has so much love and respect for CrossFit between competing at Regionals, having the honor of traveling and coaching with CrossFit Gymnastics Seminar Staff, and years of managing and coaching multiple CrossFit gyms.
Bryan founded CrossFit Pacific Beach and has quite the tenure between owning a gym, coaching and programming for so many years, and also taking multiple individuals and teams to Regionals and CrossFit Games.
Although we’ve moved on from functional fitness and we both enjoy bodybuilding and hypertrophy training present day, we’re super grateful to be able to give back and support those in the CrossFit community with our Strength/Metcon program, and also for the opportunity to set the standard high when it comes to programming CrossFit-style workouts.
In our training app, we have detailed workout instructions, movement modification and substitution ideas, and over 600+ movement demo videos.