Let’s Talk Creatine
Love lifting, strength training, and being active?
Creatine Monohydrate is one of the most studied sports supplements. If you love being active, you’ll likely see positive benefits from taking it.
Benefits Of Creatine
- Gain and build muscle
- Increase strength and recover better
- Improve power output and performance during workouts
- Improve body composition (via building more muscle)
- Also lots of studies regarding positive cognitive benefits
We definitely get some creatine from the foods we eat (such as meat and seafood). But if you want to maximize your time and energy spent working out, we can’t recommend enough to supplement creatine monohydrate daily.
When Should You Take Creatine: Tips On Supplementing
Supplementing ~5 grams a day for those who work out and strength train is generally the guideline you’ll likely see when researching.
- No need to “load it” or cycle on/off it
- Guidelines generally suggest ~3-5 grams per day
- Doesn’t super matter WHEN you take it, just that you consistently take it (training or not)
- Creatine Monohydrate. No need to spend $$ on fancy/expensive formulations. CM is proven and super affordable. Just buy whatever is rated best on Amazon!
- You might retain a little more water while supplementing with creatine, but it’ll likely become unnoticeable over time.
- No current research indicates that creatine supplementation might be connected with hair loss, so no stress there // that’s a popular myth.
- Don’t forget to drink a ton of water during the day!
Where To Start
While creatine is a great supplement to add to your routine, it’s not going to be as effective if you’re not following a workout program that supports its benefits.
It can be a real jungle out there when it comes to finding a workout program that is fun, effective, and will actually help you achieve your goals.
Our remote workouts, coaching, and online fitness community at Paragon Training Methods are our pride and joy. You don’t have to spend hours and hours endlessly working out each day to accomplish your goals and to look/feel great. We’d love to show you how!